THE NURSES’ PLEDGE
- I acknowledge that the special training I have received has prepared me as a responsible member of the community.
- I promise to care for the sick with all the skill I possess, no matter what their race, creed, colour, political, or social status, sparing no effort to conserve life, alleviate pain and promote health.
- I promise to respect at all times the dignity of the patient in my charge.
- I promise to hold in confidence all personal information entrusted to me.
- I promise to keep my knowledge and skill at the professional level and to give the highest standard of nursing care to my patients.
- I promise to carry out intelligently and loyally medical instructions given to me.
- I promise that my personal life shall at all times bring credit to my profession.
- I promise to share in the responsibility of other professions and citizens for promoting health locally, nationally, and internationally.
- So help me God.
THE MIDWIVES’ PRAYER
Have mercy on me, oh Lord
And in all my actions
Let me have thy fear before my eyes
That I may be careful for both rich and poor
To do good and not hurt
To save lives and not to destroy
Help my infirmities and imperfections
And grant me skill and judgment
Happily to finish every work
So help me God