fbpx
Nursing News
Trending

KORLE BU MATERNITY BLOCK ON FIRE?

A recent video circulating on social media around midnight yesterday indicated that the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital’s maternity block was on fire. In the video, babies were seen being evacuated from the “fire scene” to a safe place. The one shooting the video said they had called the Fire Service and were yet to come.

Mr. Mustapha Salifu, Head of PR for the hospital in a Press Statement this morning indicated that the maternity block was not on fire as speculated on social media. What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors started emitting smoke which was detected by staff on duty at around 9 pm yesterday.

According to the statement, staff on duty put out the fire with fire extinguishers before the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) arrived. Some of the babies were moved to another wing on the same floor as a safety measure.

No staff or patient was injured in the event and normal operations have resumed after assessment by the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS).

Facebook Comments

Source
KORLE BU TEACHING HOSPITAL

Jude Arko

Chief Editor - Nursing In Ghana | Mental Health Nurse | Photog | App Developer